The Patriots Daily Bites of American History,The Protestant Reformation Series 30, Volume 5: Raleigh’s Trial of 1603 #22

THE COUNTRY


THE PATRIOT



THE HISTORY

















PEARL LEONA STURGIS

The Patriots Daily Bites of American History, The Protestant Reformation Series 30, Volume 5

Raleigh’s Trial 1603: Indictment: 

“Did conspire and go about to deprive the king of his government: to raise up sedition within this realm to alter religion: to bring in the Roman superstition and procure foreign enemies to invade the Kingdom.” Raleigh’s Plea: NOT GUILTY Quoting Raleigh:

“All this is but an accusation of Cobham. I hear no other thing. To which accusing he never subscribed or avouched it. I beseech you, let Cobham be sent for; charge him on his soul; on his allegiance to the king; You try me by the Spanish Inquisition if you proceed only by the circumstances without two witnesses as it appears in Matthew 18. Christ requires there must be two witnesses at the least. 

Bear with me if I deserve one! The proof of the common law is by witness and jury. Call mine accuser before my face and let him speak. The common law in England is by jury and witness!” Lord Chief Justice: No! By Examination: Raleigh: “If this may be you will have any man’s life within a week!” A letter from Cobham withdrawing his accusation is read by Raleigh at the trial.

To Sir Walter Raleigh: “Seeing myself so near my end, for the discharge of my own conscience, and freeing myself of your blood, which else will cry vengeance against me, I protest upon my Salvation I never practiced with Spain upon your procurement. God so comfort me in this my affliction as you are a true subject for anything that I know. Lord Cobham. The jury departed and returned 15 minutes later with a guilty verdict. The king did not see the letter of Cobham till after Raleigh was sentenced. Then the king permitted Raleigh to live comfortably in the Towers.
(to be continued)

Condemning the Just.
To be Continued in the Next Daily Bites of History Series
In case You Missed our American History Series  On (American Revolution )
 The Great Awakening




In case You Missed our Constitution series or just want to Refresher ,we have the complete series below. 

There is Nothing Wrong with the Constitution it's the people we elected to uphold their oaths ,That are the Problems .



This my friends is where all our hopes and dreams ,Freedoms ,Liberties were formed some 240 years ago ,by a group of men with foresight to see way down the road for what is today. The Greatest Country in the World,And Still Is,as long as WE THE PEOPLE STAND UP FOR OUR FREEDOMS 



Don't forget to follow The Realistic Observer on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter , tumblr and Google Plus PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FYI: 206 U.S. organizations funded by George Soros

The Communist psychological conquest of America is nearing completion